The Fine Print
Last modified: 2021-06-15
OSF International, Inc., doing business as The Old Spaghetti Factory, (“OSF” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website osf.com or use our OSF Rewards mobile app (collectively, our “Services“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services.
- When you interact with our services and applications on third-party websites and services, if those services or applications include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or mobile app operated by OSF or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to, on, or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to the Services or through any the Services’ features, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the California Rights section below for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as date of birth and geographic location, and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through and use our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, session ids, mobile device model, mobile device software and version, information about the version and build of the mobile app, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms using the Services. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our Services, downloading and installing the mobile app, setting up your mobile app profile, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to and use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use through the Services.
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across your devices (cross-device tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to using our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about a particular third party’s content, applications or services, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and our service providers’ goods and services that may be of interest to you or that you choose to interact with through the Services, including third parties who run our online merchandise store, handle our ordering and delivery services, and manage our online payment systems.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OSF’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OSF about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide us information about your child’s birthday for our Birthday Club, we will use that information for purposes of our birthday club promotions.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OSF, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from OSF. If you do not wish to have your contact used by OSF to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected] However, please know we DO NOT currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of our Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.osf.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, please be aware we DO NOT currently disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purpose that would trigger that statute’s opt-out requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
This Services are provided by OSF International, Inc., at 0715 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, Oregon 97239.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: [email protected].